Our customer started a new business to provide swing analysis software and equipment to golfers though a network of interested golf facilities. Our customer outsourced the development of a multi-component software system supporting this business model to Axmor.
- ● Microsoft .NET Framework
- ● Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- ● Microsoft Visual C++
- ● Microsoft Visual C#
- ● Microsoft ASP.NET
- ● Borland Delphi
- ● ActiveX
Axmor's .NET programmers developed a custom software solution that allows golfers to rent equipment and software for swing analysis using a self-service kiosk in golf shops, and to access the round results via web interface. With the help of the developed web application, our customer can manage service equipment, which they place at partner golf courses, and all administrative activities. Users can also purchase golf accessories online.
Axmor .NET programmers worked closely with another team, responsible for swing recording and analyzing software development, to implement data exchange with our system. The analysis software runs on a CamTab, a Laptop, or a Tablet PC computer with a built in video camera that captures video during a round of golf. Axmor's .NET programmers made analysis results available for users via web interface. Also, we enabled an upgrade of the CamTab software through a back-office web interface.
The developed software provides multiple user interfaces:
- ● The Kiosk software runs a demo of the swing analysis software, rents a CamTab, and captures swing analysis results from the CamTab at the end of the game. The user can also purchase gloves via credit card. All operations are done using the kiosk's touch-screen monitor. The golf shop cashier can see the order on the connected USB LCD display.
- ● The Web Site serves golfers and golf courses. Golfers can access their swing analysis results and still-pictures, apply for membership, and purchase golf accessories over the Internet. Golf courses can apply for membership to the network, get online technical support, and order gloves.
- ● The Desktop Software provides golfers with advanced swing review capabilities, including video editing and swing comparison at their personal computers.
- ● The Administrative Web Site allows our customer's employees to manage a network of partner golf facilities and equipment. Also, ÍR and finance management and reporting capabilities are available.
All these components reside on different networks. To ensure secure data transfer, the dispatch server tracks addresses of system equipment communications with the central database and thus, acts as a proxy server. Our customer's employees can control Kiosk equipment and upgrade Kiosk and CamTab software remotely by using the web interface.
Software Development Consulting
Our .NET experts provided extensive technical consultation during the project to address our customer's specific business requirements.
Our customer created a unique business model to provide swing analysis software capability to golfers. Before the development, we worked with our customer closely to convert the business vision into a detailed workflow scenario. We specified the defined requirements in well-structured and easy to understand documentation that was vital to establishing a common vision of our customer's needs. When all critical requirements were clarified, we began the development, at the same time continuing to work on the requirements. Thus, our .NET team minimized the necessary increase of time spent on the project.
Kiosks at golf facilities allow for online purchases; security is critical. All sensitive data stored in the database are encrypted and transferred between the components using secure SSL communication protocol. A SQL Server is hidden behind the firewall and is accessible through the Dispatch Server. The developed custom software provides additional security checks to ensure the safety of personal and financial data.
The developed solution includes specific equipment components, such as CamTabs and Kiosks. Axmor's .NET programmers specified hardware requirements to ensure compatibility of these components and smooth communication with the server. All aspects of our customer's project were thoroughly defined and addressed.
With the help of the developed software solution, our customer started the establishment of an easy to manage network of kiosks. The scalable software architecture addresses our customer's plans for future business growth and functionality extension.
Golf Kiosk Assistance
A start-up company in the golf industry
A multi-component software system intended to promote and sell swing analysis services at golf facilities, provide golfers with online access to results, and manage back office activities.
The starting of a new business by our customer in very little time and at low cost through:
- ● Golfers can access their swing analysis results from anywhere;
- ● Our customer can manage all related business activities using web interface;
- ● The scalable architecture allows software growth with our customer's business;
- ● All transactions are highly secure.